Each year the GFSA awards up to ten scholarships (each between $350-750) that go towards 2016-2017 private lessons! Applicants do not need to be current members of Youth Orchestra, but must commit to joining in September 2016 if awarded a scholarship.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 11
After applying, eligible students will be invited for a live audition on Wednesday, April 20.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Students who are in grades 9 through 12 during the upcoming academic school year are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must participate in a school orchestra or band. (Does not apply to homeschooled students)
- Students who are awarded scholarships must commit to being an active member of the Great Falls Youth Orchestra for the upcoming season.
- A completed and signed application form submitted by the deadline date.
- A one-page letter from applicant describing why they are worthy of consideration for the scholarship.
- A one-page letter of support from parents or guardians describing the level of dedication of the applicant.
- A recording demonstrating the ability of the applicant. The recording should clearly identify the applicant’s name and school and should not exceed four (4) minutes. A digital file is preferred. Please email the recording to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical CDs and applications are also accepted.