Join us! We are holding auditions for membership into the Great Falls Symphony Educational programs Sinfonia and Youth Orchestra on April 25th and 26th! Audition requirements and materials can be found on this website under the Join tab. Auditions will be held on the Mansfield Theater stage from 3:30-5:30 p.m. each day. Please contact Angela Costley at email@example.com or call 453-4102 to set up your audition time.
This year the GFSA will award up to six scholarships (each between $500-$750) that will go towards 2017-2018 private lessons! Applicants do not need to be current members of Youth Orchestra, but must commit to joining in September 2017 if awarded a scholarship.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 10
After applying, eligible students will be invited for a live audition on Thursday, April 20th between 3:30-5:30 pm.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- Students who are in grades 9 through 12 during the upcoming academic school year are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must participate in a school orchestra or band. (Does not apply to homeschooled students)
- Students who are awarded scholarships must commit to being an active member of the Great Falls Youth Orchestra for the upcoming season.
- A completed and signed application form submitted by the deadline date.
- A one-page letter from applicant describing why they are worthy of consideration for the scholarship.
- A one-page letter of support from parents or guardians describing the level of dedication of the applicant.
- A recording demonstrating the ability of the applicant. The recording should clearly identify the applicant’s name and school and should not exceed four (4) minutes. A digital file is preferred. Please email the recording to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical CDs and applications are also accepted.
One scholarship awarded in the name of
Jan Nerem, the first manager of the
Great Falls Youth Orchestra and a steadfast supporter of the arts and music education.
Awarded to further the education of a
graduating senior who has made a significant contribution to the Great Falls Youth Orchestra and exhibits potential to serve as an emissary for the value of music in society.
- commitment to music
- personal initiative
- artistic merit
Graduating seniors who wish to be considered for the
Jan Nerem Scholarship must submit a written description of
why they are deserving of this award.
Application materials must be postmarked or delivered to the Great Falls Symphony office by 4:30pm on Monday, March 20, 2017.
Great Falls Symphony
Attn: Angela Costley
P.O. Box 1078
Great Falls, MT 59403
#11 3rd Street North (Davidson Plaza)
Great Falls, MT 59403
Questions should be directed to Angela Costley: 453-4102 or email@example.com